Friday, September 25, 2009

Possible Bohemian?

It's been awhile since I've posted I know but here I am. The word for the week would be busy, original I know. Dad has shown me the area, we've had a seafood BBQ, I checked out the local United Methodist Church (super friendly), rode on a boat, and laughed a lot.

Dad and I went to Port Townsend where my Uncle Rick lives on Tuesday. He has a boat that he restored and it's awesome! We took it out on the water and motored around for about three hours. We couldn't have asked for a better day. The sun was shining, the wind was calm, and the temp was just right. The pictures at the bottom are of the trip. It was beautiful. Port Townsend was a neat little town. About 15,000 people and had a beautiful downtown. It was a bohemian style town.
For those of you who don't know bohemian is a lifestyle much like a gypsy. Very artsy fartsy, writer, musician. I'm always drawn to this type of lifestyle. It's a person who moves often and has little ties in life but is understood by so many people.
In high school and college I used to tell people that I was of Spanish decent because of my great tan and one day my cousin, Andrew, decided that he wanted to be of gypsy/bohemian decent. I said no because I couldn't let go of my Spanish-ness <- (made up word). But the more I look at my life it could fit! Since high school I've stayed at places no longer than 2 years.
Moberly, Missouri - 2 school years
Calais, Maine - Summer
Booneville, Arkansas - 9 months
Greenwood, Arkansas - 20 months
Jacksonville, Arkansas - 9 months
I've often questioned why this is. Why can't I stay in a place for long periods of time? Why do I feel that I have to do this on my own? This is a reason I've decided to take some time to maybe answer these questions.
One thing I do know and understand is that it doesn't matter the type of lifestyle you live it's how you live it! Enjoy life. Enjoy the company of those around you, whether they are family or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment